Rode VideoMicro Microphone
The Rode VideoMicro Microphone is a compact microphone designed to improve the audio quality of your videos. It incorporates a high-quality cardioid condenser microphone capsule for great quality audio recordings when used with a wide range of cameras.
The Rode VideoMicro Microphone is a compact on-camera microphone, designed for great quality audio recordings. A directional microphone, the Rode VideoMicro reduces distracting peripheral sounds and focusses on the audio in front of the camera. Its pickup is more forgiving than RODEs other on-camera microphones providing a more natural sound when recording indoors.
Perfect for capturing incredible audio to accompany inspiring vision. The Rode Videomicrophone body is made from aluminum, giving it a high level of RF rejection, and is finished in RODEs high-grade ceramic anti-glare black coating. Included with the Rode VideoMicro is a camera shoe mount featuring a Rycote Lyre shock mount. Featuring a suspension structure composed of a hard-wearing thermoplastic, it is far more effective at minimising unwanted vibrations, handling and cable-borne noise than traditional elastic suspensions. Virtually indestructible, the Rycote Lyre will never sag, snap, wear out or require rethreading to maintain its effectiveness.
Also included is the WS9 synthetic furry wind shield with foam inner cell, designed for use in outdoor scenarios where wind and environmental noise can inhibit recordings. Optionally available is the RODE SC7, a TRS to TRRS cable that allows the Rode VideoMicro to be used with smartphones, to capture crystal clear, directional sound for video and video applications such as Periscope.
Rode VideoMicro Microphone Features
- Compact size and lightweight - only 80mm (3) long and 42gm (1.5oz)
- All-metal microphone body
- No battery required (powered by camera plug-in power - min 3V)
- Rycote® Lyre® shock mount to protect your microphone from vibrations
- Deluxe furry windshield to minimise external noise
- Designed and manufactured in Australia
Rode VideoMicro Microphone Specifications
- Acoustic Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Active Electronics: JFET impedance converter
- Capsule: 0.50"
- Address Type: End
- Frequency Range: 100Hz - 20kHz
- Maximum SPL: 140dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KO load)
- Sensitivity: -33.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (22.00mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted): 20dB-A
- Dimensions: 21mmH x 21mmW x 80mmD
- Weight: 42g
- Output: 3.5mm TRS mini-jack (dual mono)
Rode VideoMicro Microphone Includes
- VideoMicro Microphone
- Lyre Shoe Mount
- SC2 3.5mm TRS Patch Cable
- WS9 Deluxe Wind Shield
- 1 Year Warranty (free 2 years extension following registration of your microphone)
Rode VideoMicro Microphone Downloads
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Perfect for situations where a lavalier microphone isn't an option. A huge step up from the built in mic if you are using Canon's T2, T3 or T4 series (those are my point of references). Recommended for great sound with out breaking the bank.