dbx FCS-960 Graphic Equalizer
The dbx FCS-960 Graphic Equalizer is a 30-band graphic equalizer featuring Dual Mode switching between Normal and Fine filter width settings on each channel. With constant Q-filters having filter-bypass centre taps, sweepable/switchable Hi-pass filter, Gain control and electronic balanced inputs and outputs, the FCS-960 can be used as a stereo pair.
The FCS-960 provides two channels in 3U of rack space. Constant Q-filters with filter-bypass centre taps are controlled by high grade, 45mm faders with moulded polymer fader knobs which eliminate visual parallax error even under low light conditions.
Also included are sweepable/switchable Hi-pass filter, Gain control and electronic balanced inputs and outputs.
The graphic equaliser shall have two channels each having thirty boost/cut faders to control filters at standard third-octave isocentre frequencies from 25Hz to 20kHZ. Each fader shall have a 45 mm travel with a mechanical centre detent and electrical centre tap which removes its filter from the signal path at the zero fader setting. A Mode switch on each channel shall allow its filters to be configured with a Normal Q-factor or Fine Q-factor. In both Modes, the Q-factor of each filter shall be constant for any fader level setting.
Each channel shall have a Hi-Pass filter (18dB/Oct) variable between 20Hz-25OHz with independent bypass switch, Output Gain trim with LED Clip indicator and an EQ IN/OUT switch which defaults to a passive relay bypass in OUT mode. The relay bypass shall also operate automatically in case of power failure.
System performance shall meet or exceed the following specifications: THD @ +4dBu <0.005%; 20-20kHz faders flat; Output Noise <-90dBu 22 -22kHz faders flat. Maximum boost/cut shall be nominally +/- 10dB.
Inputs shall be electronically balanced (transformers optional), outputs shall be electronically balanced and floating (transformers optional). A Tamperproof Security Cover shall be available as an option. The graphic equaliser shall be 3U (5 1/4"), 19" rackmount and capable of operating from a 90-120V or 190-250V AC power source.
The graphic equaliser shall be the dbx FCS-960.
dbx FCS-960 Graphic Equalizer Features
- Long 45mm fader travel for precise adjustment and control
- Centre detented fader with electrical centre tap for true 0dB setting.
- Advanced constant Q filter topology for improved accuracy at all
- fader settings and excellent sonic transparency. Selectable normal or
- fine filter response
- Continuously variable high pass filter, with by-pass switch
- Gain control for system loudness normalisation
- Peak clip LED to give advance warning of signal overload
- Channel bypass selection and power fail bypass by relays
- Electronically balanced inputs and outputs
- Proprietary design fader knob provides positive feel with ample finger
- room, virtually eliminates visual parallax errors even under low
- ambient light conditions
- Optional internal input and output transformer balancing
dbx FCS-960 Graphic Equalizer Specifications
- Chassis: 3U rack spaces
- Equalizer EQ Bands: 30 per channel (60 total)
- Input Connectors: XLR, TRS, Combi-con (2 each)
- Output Connectors: XLR, TRS, Combi-con (2 each)
- Gain EQ: +/- 15 dB per band, inf to +10 dB overall
- High-Pass Filter: Sweepable, flat to 250 Hz
- Input Impedance: 10 killo ohm balanced or unbalanced
- Headroom Input: >20 dBu
- Max. Output Level: 21 dBu into 600 ohm or greater
- Output Impedance: 50 ohm unbalanced or unbalanced
- Frequency Response: <5 Hz to >45 kHz +/-1 dB
- Noise: < -94 dBu 22 Hz to 22 kHz
- Dynamic Range: >115 dB
- Crosstalk: <-80 dB at 1 kHz
- Distortion: <0.005% THD (80 kHz measurement BW) 20 Hz to 20 kHz, 0 dBu
- Gain Control: 10 dB to infinity
- HP Filter Control: OUT to 250 Hz at 12 dB / octave
- LF Contour: +/-6dB shelving at 50Hz 6dB/octave
- HF Contour: +/-6dB shelving at 14kHz 6dB/octave
- Frequency Bands: +/- 15dB on ISO centres with a Q of 4
- Power: 115V switch position (90V to 132V), 230V switch position (190V to 132V)
dbx FCS-960 Graphic Equalizer Includes
- dbx FCS-960 Graphic EQ Unit
- Power Cable
- Printed Operation Manual
- Warranty Registration Card
dbx FCS-960 Graphic Equalizer Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review